CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Welcome...

This blog is about life in general and everything in between. Most of the articles posted here are from people who generously shared their lives to others. This is my tribute to them.

Journey with me today. Let's talk about life and how to live it fully everyday.

It is my prayer that as we learn from each other, we will be able to bring out the best of who we are, as God intended us to be - His children living a life of excellence and fullness.

ALL for HIS glory and honor!

God bless my friends,
Yheleen

My Bloopers - Take a Break and Laugh With Me

I had this urge to write down things that I find as signals of either 3 things:

1. I had too much of coffee and not enough sleep and breakfast; or
2. I've been thinking a lot lately (status of lovelife, perhaps?) and have been traveling a lot; or
3. Much as i don't like to admit it - getting old, thus explains the memory loss

These are all recent experiences (the last 2 weeks) and I had great fun after realizing they just happened. Well, I couldn’t help but be amused on my bloopers – I had a hard time stopping my grins.

Well, the best way to overcome embarassment? Share them and laugh about them. Enjoy reading..I had fun.

1. I described my co-passengers of my Davao-Manila flight as ‘participants’ (my talk with Cherry during Nat’l Children’s Congress planning at QC last Saturday, March 8)

2. When asked who were present for a certain meeting, I answered with confidence the names of WV persons who weren’t even there or even near the meeting place (with Cherry still during the Ag Sur design review in Cebu last Friday, March 7)

3. I waited patiently for my turn to check-in the airport counter and when at last I was ahead of the long line, I found out that I was on the wrong airline - too bad, I had to fall in line again, this time on the right one (with Rommel at Cebu Int'l Airport last Friday, March 7)

4. Upon waking from a catnap, I had a hard time locating the bus conductor whom I wanted to ask what time we were expected to arrive only to realize later that I wasn’t on any bus at all but on a plane.. Imagine the confusion I would have caused my seatmate had I asked her where the conductor was (aboard PAL airbus on my way back to Davao from the NCC planning last Sunday, March 9)

5. After sleeping lightly in a bus, this time for real, I felt afraid and confused upon seeing that the person beside me was grinning directly at me. Before I could ask ‘who are you?’ I finally remembered that the grinning person was my newfound friend whom I sat with for 4 days in a conference and that the bus was our official ride of the organizer’s free tour (on the way to Ayala Museum on the 5th day of the 1st Asian Children’s Museums Conference last Feb. 26)

Well, that's the beauty of WV life - we met many people, went to many places, had many meetings, attended and gave many trainings and made many writings about all of them. The good thing? we also learned many things and of course, enjoyed many laughters - even the bloopers.

I am sure, my friends, that you had similar experiences like what I had on the past days and although I'm not proud to say this, but I do take comfort from knowing that I am not the only one with the bloopers.

When WV colleagues share that like me, they too, feel strange that the rooms they wake up look diferent from time to time and sometimes, they had no idea where they are or that they speak with a saleslady in SM Cubao in Bisaya and Tagalog in SM Cebu or they got frustrated that the wire with the adaptor won't fit the laptop (bcoz they shouldn't be connected there, in the first place) or they used their cellphones as mouse for their computer, my, am I glad to know that I am still normal, haha..

And knowing that there are more others outside WV experiencing similarly, the fun gets bigger. Who wouldn't break out into grins when the flight attendant announces 'we have just landed in the Ninoy Aquino International Airport' when you are very sure (this time at least) that you're flight is Manila-Davao? Well, I would for sure. I just did, yesterday (silently, of course)...

That's it for now. In case you can relate about what I have been babbling, chat with me or email me sometime, I'm planning to gather them and pile them into my growing list of unpublished files - just couldn't do away with research and documentation, even with the simple things of life.

Enjoy the rest of the week and wishing you lots of fun and more of bloopers? haha, nah, just kidding...

Yheleen 'Yhen' Veso
ECaP Development Researcher and Documentation Staff
(just turned 28 last December)
(had 5 cups of coffee this afternoon, had noodles for lunch and no breakfast)
(unexciting lovelife)

P.S. I 'll now go back to reviewing the Ag Sur design. My life in WV had trained me to be a 'good juggler' - i now know how to juggle between work and fun, hehe.. God bless, my friends.

0 comments: